Adventures in Spain

Thursday, April 20, 2006

odd night

not the best night at work tonight - was busy early on and i got flustered trying to do a hundred things at once, sharon was pissed off with me for not keeping on top of things, plus there were two massive cockroaches scuttling round my feet and they scare the shit out of me!! apparently, because they are building nearby there are more of them because they've been disturbed...yuk. stuart and sharon have sprayed though so they should be gone soon, i hope. so i was nervy already and then stacy's aunt and boyfriend came in to say hi - gavin is hopefully going to recommend me for any possible jobs he hears of which is nice. so i was having a chat with them at the bar when, out of nowhere it seemed, a guy behind gavin keeled over head first into the side of the bar with an almighty smack. and for a split second it was my dad. (for those of you who don't know, the restaurant/bar i'm working in is where my dad had his accident last summer - collapsed and fractured his skull amongst other things) and even though i wasn't there when my dad went down, i could see it happening - it was horrible. i went cold and shaky and it upset me. luckily, this guy was fine - a bit dazed as he hit his head pretty hard - but fine. and ironically they were sat for their meal right by mum's plaque that was put up after dad's accident. it says "please don't fall over in my bar - it upsets the other customers"!! or something like that. speaking of which, mum i can't wait for you to come out here - we're gonna have such a nice week together i promise! xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home